Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Early trip to the dump and day of clean up.

We went to the dump yesterday and seen they were grinding a fresh batch of compost, we had to go back today to fill up the trailer. For the price it can't be beat. It's FREE! It is the secret to my gardens success!
It was really nice today. I dug all the plants that I had saved in pots, out of their winter resting place today. Now Mike can give the flower bed another treatment of killer. There is still some of that ground cover coming up.
I placed all the plants on the patio, till i can get them planted again. I didn't lose to many. I started to give some away to new homes. Less I have to keep watered.
I weeded one flower bed today. It is already for some new mulch, but I want to wait till the neighbors maple tree drops it's awful seeds. I hate those trees...they are so messy and makes a gardener work twice as hard, trying to get them out of the flower beds before they start to grow a little forest.
This is my new wagon....I can leave it out and if it gets wet it will not rust like my old little red wagon did. I can hose this one off and let it air dry.

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson

No comments: